Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I am a sucky blogger!


Well brief update:

I had my surgery on October 22nd. It took a lot longer than expected and then I had a lung issue. I came home a day later and on oxygen for 2 weeks. Let me tell you THAT was quite the fashion accessory. I have officially been taken off oxygen now and I am feeling better than I have in a few years. I will post a photo of my scar later... Dr Apfelbaum did an amazing job... mist people wouldn't guess it has only been 2 weeks.

Isabelle's IEP reports came back and they were so depressing. She didn't make much progress at all in her first year at school. It was very emotional for me but I have requested a new IEP meeting and we will shoot for smaller steps so that we can appreciate her developments.

Emily decided for the most part she was too old for Halloween this year. She did take her brother out trick or treating. Tom was the Grim Reaper. Isabelle made the BEST Snow White with her dark hair and pale skin.

Ummm what else. We qualified for the DSPD waiver and we have a part time gal named Maria that comes every morning. She helps me by getting Isabelle up, bathed, dressed, medicated etc plus some household cleaning. I am so grateful for her being here. I am not allowed to lift more than a milk gallon so having someone to get her out of the crib and play with her in the mornings before school is such a blessing.

I am sure there is so much more to say but my brain is tired.

No comments: